Tuesday, March 6, 2018

J34b - Addendum to "Plans For Moving Forward"

For my Theory of Being Human final product, I have decided that I would actually like to create a series of lectures which set forth my ideas and arguments. Instead of forming the beginning of a book wherein I apply the theory to a bunch of other issues, I want the theory to form the first 9 hours of a 45-hour course (3-credit course) that I would call Civilization 101 or something cute like that. I want to somehow make the lectures reflective of my educational philosophy, even though my educational philosophy is somewhat critical of lectures. But, regardless, I want to get back to teaching, and I want to work on lecture notes and deliver speeches and use whiteboards and generally remember who I am through this project. And, I think that my theory will have a greater impact if it is delivered orally as well as through writing, as the modern trend is to watch YouTube videos rather than read books. So...yeah. Lectures. The educational piece will still be written.

No comments:

Post a Comment